Sunday, July 17, 2016

*Request* - How to make hot pepper oil

Hi everyone,

I have for the last several years been growing hot peppers on my balcony and usually have a nice harvest throughout the summer and fall.

I would like to make hot pepper oil and would like to know the proper way to do this to maximize shelf life (for gifts) and also to prevent any issues with mold, botulism, etc...

I read lots of ways to cold-infuse but I would preferably like to keep the peppers in the bottle/jar if possible to allow the oil to get stronger, while occasionally topping off with oil and adding in new freshly picked peppers.

I understand I might need to dry them out well before, but I would greatly appreciate your help.

I have 3 types of peppers ready for picking now, Jalapenos, Habanero's and a plant of fire hot peppers (little guys).

Thanks in advance!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment