Saturday, July 2, 2016

REQUEST: I'm trying to help my girlfriend find a banana pudding recipe for her grandfather.

Hi. I'm from Maine, USA and I'm trying to find a very old fashioned banana pudding recipe.

My GF's grandfather grew up very poor. He can't read and his parents couldn't read, so any recipes his mother knew were from memory and passed away with her.

Today she was visiting with him and he was telling old stories like he likes to do and he mentioned how much he missed his mother's banana pudding, which he hasn't had for 40 years, and how much he wishes he could have it again.

It seems like a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a banana pudding recipe that could have been made from ingredients a very poor person in Maine could get their hands like 100 years ago.

Yikes.

I appreciate any help.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment