Monday, July 18, 2016

Request: Recipes to help partner get balanced diet with IBS and Colitis

Hello all! I could use some help with coming up with recipes for my partner who was recently diagnosed with colitis and has had IBS for a while now. I love cooking and worked in the food industry for over 10 years (as a server/bartender) but could use some help with recipes that he can eat without hurting his stomach too much. I'm looking for bland foods for when he has flare ups, but other hopefully less bland recipes for his regular meals.

Specifically I'm looking for recipes that are: low sugar, low fat, could hide veggies in it without being overly veggie, good proteins (he gets farm fresh eggs since he currently lives on a farm), and easy to make for beginners. I'm more than happy to take any recipes you all have, I can cook the more difficult meals if need be.

What I have so far: Califlower mash with potatoes, beans and rice, omelette (or fried eggs, either one), Loco moco, burgers (while not the healthiest thing to eat he can eat burgers without it hurting his stomach).

It's not much of a list, sadly. Which is why I am asking for help! Anything you can think of and share would be amazing! Thank you!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment