Sunday, October 2, 2016

Homemade salsa is so much better than store bought.

I'm new to the community and I thought I would make my debut entry with one of my favorite snacking recipes. As somebody who cannot stand the sweetness and chunkiness of store-bought salsas, my mother and I have fought for a long time to make a recipe for homemade salsa that pleases and delights the tongue and we've finally settled on the recipe for what we both agree is the best salsa we've ever eaten.

Ingredients:

  • 4 cans of tomatoes (I use the ones mixed with green chiles as I think they add more flavor than fresh tomatoes.)
  • 1 Jumbo White Onion
  • 1 Green Pepper
  • 2 limes
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 cup of cilantro
  • 1 cup Hot Sauce of your choice (I recommend Choula for it's sharp flavor and mild heat)

Directions:

  • Step 1: Combine Tomatoes and hot sauce in a bowl. Squeeze both limes into the mixture, than mix to allow flavors to blend.

  • Step 2: Finely chop Garlic, Cilantro, Green Pepper and 3/4 of the Onion and add vegetable mixture to the Tomato and blend until desired thickness.

  • Step 3: Chop the remaining onion into bigger portion than the rest of the vegetables and mix into the blend.

  • Step 4: Chill for 2 hours to allow flavor to settle, than serve with your favorite tortilla chips for a sharp, onion-y flavor and none of those preservatives found in store-bought. A healthy and delicious snack and mild enough for even those timid of spicy foods.

The Results



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment