Monday, July 18, 2016

Simple sausage, sun-dried tomato pasta

This was a throw together dinner we made that was so tasty I wanted to share.

  • 4 chicken sausage (these come in many tasty varieties. We used spinach)
  • 1c of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil and herbs.
  • Your favorite pasta
  • Grated cheese (optional)

Quarter the sausage lengthwise then cut into half inch pieces.

Roughtly chop the sun-dried tomatoes.

Brown the sausage over medium high heat in a little olive oil. When the sausage starts to brown (about 6-8 minutes), turn down heat to medium and add tomatoes. When tomatoes are caramelized a bit, turn off the heat.

Depending on how long your chosen pasta needs to cook, start the pasta so it's ready a little after the sausage and tomatoes are ready.

Toss the pasta with the sausage and tomatoes. There should be enough olive oil from the tomatoes to coat the pasta. If not add some more olive oil or butter.

Grate some cheese on top. I prefer Parmesan, but I was out so I used cheddar.

I like this better with a thin pasta but all I had was fettuccine.

The tasty sausage and the flavorful tomatoes and herbs make this dish one of my favorites.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment