Friday, November 22, 2019

Chocolate Meringue Pie (needs help cleaning up)

I got this recipe from my boyfriend's mother, but I'm not very experienced and so it feels somewhat scattered and out of order. Would someone who's better at this help me by simplifying the recipe and making it more straightforward? I could also use an estimate on how long step 1 would take in the microwave as no guidelines are given. Step 4 is also confusing, and I think might belong in the middle of step 3?

Ingredients

  • 1/3 c. cocoa
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/3 c. flour
  • 3 eggs, separated
  • 2 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 tsp. margarine
  • 1 baked pie shell

Directions

  1. Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa well. Stir in milk with a whisk. Cook in the microwave until the mixture begins to thicken.
  2. Stir in egg yolks, mix well, then return to the microwave for 4-5 minutes.
  3. Add margarine and vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Allow it to cool before pouring into the pie shell. Bake at 375° F until meringue is light brown.
  4. Meringue: 2 tsp. sugar to each egg white and 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar. Beat until peaks stand high.


bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment