Friday, November 1, 2019

Sauce anxiety! Any advice?

This is probably a really weird post so... sorry lol

I’ve gotten better at cooking meals over the years but the one thing I have had no progress on is making sauces that go with the main dish. I get so nervous about them because I just can’t seem to ever get them right. So I just stopped trying. However recently my husband and I were out to eat and I couldn’t put my finger on why the meal was so much better than a version I cook at home. Then it hit me, it had this beautiful lemon butter sauce drizzled on top. It made such a huge difference in flavor. I really want to amp up my cooking, but I just don’t know where to even start.

Does anyone have some easy sauce recipes that you can’t really mess up? Or does anyone have any tips in genera about flavors that go well with certain dishes?



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment