Friday, November 1, 2019

Ulcerative Colitis friendly recipes

My girlfriend has severe ulcerative colitis and has a very limited diet. I take care of her and prep her meals and try my best to provide her with a varied diet so she can maintain a healthy weight. We recently discovered she can have cornmeal again, so that's really opened up a lot of recipes for her.

She can't have any skins or seeds, so berries (except for strawberries, I've found a way to peel those), peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. are out of the question. She also can't have whole wheat, nuts, or seeds. She's lactose intolerant and has an allergy to sulfur, so too many eggs will hurt her stomach.

I'm curious if anyone can help me come up with some u.c. safe recipes for her or ways to prep food that maybe I hadn't thought of. Any help would be greatly appreciated <3



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment