Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Chives-mozarella chicken idea

I've came up with an idea for a recipe, but I think it needs some improvement. I don't know if it belongs on this sub, but I hope it does. So, here goes.

Ingredients:
-Chicken breast
-Mozarella (2 or 3 tablespoons)
-Chives (about a spoonfull, maybe less)
-Salt
-Pepper
-Olive oil
-Cream (I used 12% or 18% fat)
-Garlic

Prep:
1. Flatten the chicken breast, you can do it with a tenderizer but I prefer to place in on the cutting board and cut it about half a centimeter off the board while rotating it. This way it unfolds
2. Salt and pepper on both sides
3. Arrange chives and mozarella in the middle of the chicken, roll it and tie with a cooking string. It should form sort of a cylinder
4. Lightly fry it on all sides
5. Put it in a casserole dish, or any other over ready dish, and put into the oven heated for 200C/390F for 20 minutes
6. About halfway through the cooking, pour a bit of a cream on it (depends on a size of your dish, 0,5 cm from the bottom of it), add a crushed clove of garlic to it

Now, as for what was wrong:
You couldn't really taste the chives, but that may be because I've been watching netflix while waiting and it was in the oven longer than it should.
Cream got burned slightly, it was probably because of the time but I needed some moisture or the meat would turn out dry. I don't think I should cook it for a shorter time or it could be raw.

So, anyone willing to do this experiment with me and help me fix it? Or is this idea for a recipe a waste of time?



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment