Sunday, September 25, 2016

I call these the "My Fiancé Made Too Much Oatmeal" Pancakes

As the title suggests, my fiancé made too much oatmeal this morning so I turned the extra 1.5 C of cooked oatmeal into the most DELICIOUS pancakes I've ever had.

Dry ingredients: 2 C all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 1 tsp sugar

Wet ingredients: 1.5 C cooked oatmeal 1 C milk 1/4 C dark brown sugar 2 Tbs melted butter 1 tsp vanilla 1 egg

Recipe: - mix the dry ingredients together and set aside - whisk the melted butter with the egg, then add the dark brown sugar and vanilla - incorporate the milk and cooked oatmeal into the wet ingredients - add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined

When frying these on the griddle, I used coconut oil instead of cooking spray or butter. I thought it added a nice little extra hint of flavor. I tried these out with maple butter alone and with an apple/cinnamon topping - both were great. Enjoy!

Link to photo: http://ift.tt/2ds0xXI



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment