Thursday, September 29, 2016

[Request] Easy Prep and/or Frozen Dinners

A little explanation first: my mom is having knee surgery soon and won't be able to do any cooking for a few weeks. My dad is basically incompetent when it comes to cooking — he can make soup in a cup, TV dinners, frozen pizzas, and microwave leftovers. My grandma lives with them too so she can do some stove-top cooking. So I need your help! I don't do a whole lot of serious cooking myself so I don't have a lot of ideas.

What dishes can I prepare ahead of time for them that are easy to reheat from frozen? Ideas so far:

  • Lasagna
  • Ground beef for tacos (they're capable of assembly, thankfully)
  • Breaded or marinated chicken
  • Chili

What other dishes can I leave foolproof instructions for? Ideas:

  • Salad kits
  • Roasted seasoned vegetables (maybe)
  • Sausage/burgers (I'll be teaching dad how the grill works)
  • Crock pot meals (limited ingredients, no soups)

Stuff I already plan to purchase: chicken kiev, steam fresh frozen vegetables, crock pot sauces, frozen garlic bread, frozen pizzas, pasta and sauce, various other frozen things.

Thanks very much for anyone who can contribute!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment