Friday, September 23, 2016

[Update] to mac & cheese for 50 people (pics!), and [Question] regarding how to modify to include pumpkin

Hey guys! I posted here about a month ago looking for advice on making mac & cheese for 50 people. I got a lot of great advice and wanted to thank everyone for commenting.

I ended up using this easy stovetop recipe (multiplied by 5) and it was a huge hit!

I totally forgot to take pics while making it in the industrial kitchen, which I really regret, but I did manage to snap a couple pics right when it was served, and the aftermath. It doesn't look very creamy because I put a bunch of breadcrumbs on top and baked it, but it was a deep pan and the inside was nice and creamy so it worked out.

I went back for seconds and the pan was licked clean. Everybody loved it and I finally understand why people get excited about cooking. It's really rewarding to make something and have people come up and say how much they liked it. :)

Oh, and bonus pic of the pig's head from the pig roast. :P

QUESTION

So I'm going to another weekend away for Halloween, this time much smaller, probably 10-15 people, but I'd like to make this mac & cheese again and put a pumpkin spin on it. The cheese is already VERY creamy, so I'd like to figure out how I can add pumpkin while keeping the same consistency. I assume I will want to use canned pumpkin puree, but how much should I use, and should I reduce the amount of cheese to balance it out? Any recommended spices to use to enhance the pumpkin/fall flavor?



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment