Saturday, May 19, 2018

[Question] What else can I add to a salmon cake? + fish questions.

I don't eat fish or seafood, so I'm hoping to get a little help, as I have no idea what tastes good with it.

My toddler loves my homemade spinach salmon cakes. There is low sodium canned salmon, cooked spinach, eggs, and bread crumbs in it.

I need to keep the spinach in it, as he's off veggies. Ugh, toddlers.

Any ideas what I can add to my spinach salmon cakes to help keep them interesting? I tried canned crab Once, but I'm hoping for something fresh and less processed and little to no salt added.

I made a homemade tartar sauce that he loves on them. I used dill pickle relish as he loves dill pickles. So I'd need to know if the new ingredient would pair ok with the tarter sauce or not.

I don't need amounts, as I'm pretty good at figuring that sort of thing out on my own. Unless it's important to only add a tiny amount or something not obvious.

Also, could I use raw salmon to make these cakes? My store sells a whole(no head and no guts) pink salmon for about $10-$20. I was thinking to pressure cook the salmon to soften the bones. I'm hoping this would make the salmon healthier over the canned stuff.

Can I replace the salmon with pan fish? I love to fish on the shore, and I upgraded all my gear so I could enjoy fishing more. Pressure cook pan fish?

I'm open to opinions and suggestions. Any help to make his fav food better and to add more variety



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment