Friday, September 2, 2016

How to make steak with Gaggenau oven?

Hello /r/recipes

I'm a cooking newb who recently got into cooking at home out of necessity, because I am calorie-counting.

Equipments available

Oven: I have a Gaggenau oven that I don't really know how to use. I've been researching online to read manuals on how to use it. It doesn't have steam function, but it has convection and multiple heating elements.

The oven seems to come with a temperature probe, which can be read by the oven while cooking (but strangely, it's made of rubber, so I'm not sure how it withstands the heat).

It doesn't have a broil button, but has wiggly signs on top, which turns on the heating elements at the top, and can turn on convection during top-heating, and I can also control the temperature of this top heating element (I am guessing 550ºF is the broil?)

Cast iron pan: I also bought this recently on Amazon, but it seems to always burn and stick whatever I cook on it. I did season it per instruction.

 

Foods I want to cook

I eat lots of top sirloin steaks and chicken (breast, thighs, sometimes with skin) and would like to learn how to use my oven to cook them indoors. What temperatures and settings should I be using? Are there pans with racks I should buy to make the clean-up easy?

I also cook pizza (frozen variety, unfortunately) occasionally, and would like to know how to do it well (do I need to buy a pizza grill stone? it seems like Gaggenau sells one for $300, but Amazon sells them for less than $100... what's the difference?)



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment