Tuesday, September 6, 2016

[Request]German asking how to shop for American recipes

Sorry if this seems really dumb and obvious but being German and never using cups I am quite at loss. If an American recipe calls for e.g. 1/3 cup of cheese or 6 cups of cubed bread how do you calculate how much you buy to have this amount in the end? I have no idea/experience so I wouldn't know how to guess it but I imagine that some Americans don't either (when they start cooking) so can someone tell me what I am missing? Some recipes tell me e.g. about 2 zucchini or a head of broccoli so that helps but if nothing is specified how do you shop for specific recipes? Thanks for your insight. Edit: To clarify I know that measurements can be converted and my example above is a bad one (grated cheese). Cubed bread is a better one that is not readily available on standard conversion sites

(resubmitted)



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment