Thursday, March 31, 2016

Need a delicious recipe that can cater to a high maintenance crowd!

Hi guys! I'm on mobile so I'm already sorry for how this looks.

My SO and I just moved into our new house, and as a kind of small, celebratory housewarming shindig, his parents are coming into town, my mother and brother are coming over, and I stupidly offered to cook dinner. Normally, I would be excited, but his dad keeps kosher (not to the extent that I need to have a rabbi-approved kitchen or separate flatware, but no bacon, milk and meat together, shrimp, etc.) and we definitely don't. On top of that, I have Crohn's disease, so on my end, the no-gos are: gluten, almonds (I can do almond flour, milk, etc. but just not the skin), fruits with seeds, raw fibrous/ cruciferous vegetables, carbonated beverages, popcorn, and corn (again, the kernel part, I'm fine with cornmeal, polenta, etc). There are no other restrictions - we all love food and I don't want to punish everyone else just because his dad and I are high maintenance.

Guys, I really want this dinner to go well. Any ideas for a yummy spring menu that will work for everyone? Or... how screwed am I? So far my only idea is a cheese board to start and (pureed) sweet corn chowder as an app... but that sounds so sad without bacon crumbled on top.

P.S. I love to bake and am already planning on doing a (full of gluten) cake from scratch that I'll be opting out of so I'm totally willing to do parts of the meal that I can't partake in.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment