Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Strawberry Summer Salad

My mom would make this salad all the time and it's super easy! I just made it for myself a couple weeks ago and while it wasn't quite what she would always put on the dinner table, I was happy with the result.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 Cup of sugar

  • 1/3 Cup of slivered almonds

  • 1 bunch of romaine, torn

  • 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced

  • 2 cups of halved, fresh strawberries

For the Creamy Poppyseed Dressing:

  • 1/4 cup of mayonnaise

  • 2 Tbsp. of sugar

  • 1 Tbsp. of sour cream

  • 1 Tbsp. of milk

  • 2 1/4 tsp. cider vinegar

  • 1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds

Instructions

  1. In a small, heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook and stir the sugar until melted and caramel in color ~10 minutes. Stir in almonds until coated. Spread on foil to cool, break into small pieces.

  2. In a large bowl, combine romaine, onion, and strawberries. Combine the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with coated almonds.

Here's my attempt from a couple weeks ago. I could use some serious work on my presentation but I'm no chef and it tasted great!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment