Friday, February 21, 2020

New Cuisine Exploration Help

Hello /r/recipes

I have been working a lot the past couple years at learning Italian and French cooking. However my girlfriend has some health issues, and I need to cook things with high fiber and low cholesterol. I need suggestions of new cuisines to explore.

I also want to explore a cuisine where I can really work on new techniques/skills etc. I don't like to use recipes, I like to learn a process and master it. E.G. many french sauces use a set of techniques, and once you learn the techniques and the process of using them, you can apply it in many different ways. I also have been working on my knife skills so that would be good to keep working on to.

TLDR

Please suggest cuisines with:

  1. Low cholesterol
  2. High Fiber
  3. Rich set of techniques/skills to learn
  4. Good knife skills practice

Thanks for your help!

Edit:

I also have been wanting to expand my knowledge of spices, and flavor pairings, so that could also be a good criteria. I've cooked indian food a bit before so something different would be nice



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment