Friday, September 9, 2016

LiveSqueezy’s Everyday Protein Pancakes

http://ift.tt/2cJmwJn

After trying out many protein pancake recipes, this is my own recipe and combination that I really like. I eat these at work everyday. Someone once asked how I eat them without butter or syrup, so if you are one of those people I suggest topping them with nut butter or getting a really yummy protein powder. Also, I use a small frying pan which makes these guys into perfect circles, that’s my secret.

Everyday Protein Pancakes Ingredients:

1/3 cup Oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free oats, but you can use regular rolled oats)

2/3 cup Egg Whites

1/2 scoop Protein Powder (I buy tasty powders for my pancakes, like cookies and cream flavor)

1 Banana ** Extra add ins I’ll sometimes do:

Use 1/2 cup Oats for thicker pancakes or more carbs

Add in a tablespoon of Almond or Cashew Butter (or Peanut Butter if you are not totally paleo) to add some density of more fat OR smear on pancakes as a topping

Instructions:

  1. Mix all ingredients in a blender

  2. Spray pan with olive oil and set to medium heat

  3. Pour half the mix on the pan, let sit for a couple minutes and flip (keep an eye on this, if you move the pan back and forth and the pancake slides, flip it)

  4. Once done, take off the pan and repeat the last step with the rest of the mix. This recipe makes two pancakes.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment