Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Chtorrr's special recipe for cranberries (Cooking fresh cranberries is easy)

You will need:

  • 2 bags fresh cranberries
  • fresh ginger
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 12oz can frozen Orange Juice
  • maybe some sugar

Put the cranberries in a pot with the water and grated ginger (as much as you want a lot is good) and simmer until all the berries have popped and formed a thick jam. Add the frozen OJ and let it melt. Heat it for about 10-15 minutes but don't let it boil. The orange juice will make it bitter if it boils. Taste the cranberries to see if you need to add more sugar. The OJ has quite a bit of sugar so you might not need extra but I added about 1/2 cup.

I keep my ginger frozen so I have it whenever I want some. I just grate it frozen into whatever I need it in.

Click here for pictures



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment