Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Looking for a pickled pear recipe that isn't fall or Asian-inspired.

A few nights ago, my husband and I visited a restaurant in town. They had an appetizer board that included "ginger pickled pears with blue cheese" (though it felt and tasted more like gournay). These were absolutely amazing. They were not spicy, with no real Asian influence. They were also not "warm," meaning they weren't spiced with nutmeg, cinnamon, etc. They were sweet and a little tangy, very bright with a ginger undertone. They paired beautifully with the cheese and house lavosh. I'm pretty new to pickling (I've only really ever done quick pickles), and the recipes I'm finding really don't sound anything like what I experienced. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment