Saturday, March 19, 2016

[Request] Boyfriend-friendly vegetable recipes

My boyfriend HATES vegetables. Over the course of a year, we've tried all sorts of things because healthy eating is important to me. I blend or cut up veggies and sneak them into things, but this becomes time consuming. We've been sticking to the same things that he is okay with- broccoli with ranch, carrot sticks with ranch, apple slices with peanut butter- but I think it is time to branch out a little. We tried buffalo cauliflower this week and it was a great success!

He is 24 years old, and before dating me, NEVER ate vegetables on his own. His family is amazed at the progress we've made. I am proud of him- this week he ate veggies four times and it is a new record.

I'm looking for (probably somewhat unhealthy) vegetable recipes to get him used to the texture and flavors of other vegetables. Right now we are only concerned with adding more veggies in his diet, so calories don't really matter. What are your favorite ways to prepare veggies or how would you prepare them for someone like my BF? At this point I think even somewhat unhealthy preparation is better than not having them at all.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment