Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Beginner's first thanksgiving questions.

First off, I'm really sorry for making this a seperate thread. I know there is a mega thread for this, but I couldn't find anything resembling the recipe I'm looking for/I just wanted some clarification on the turkey.

You see, this is my first time making Thanksgiving dinner for my fiancé and I. Bought our own house and all that, so it's time to start adulting. The problem is, we figured we might as well go all out and bought a 23 pound bird.

For the turkey, I completely forgot that I need to brine it for a decent amount of time, so that's out of the question. How can I still make sure I have a decent bird? I already assume I'm going to be putting it in the oven at like 6 am, but other than that? Would slow cooking it starting tonight be a better idea?

My other question- my aunt used to make a stuffing made almost exclusively out of meat. I'm fairly sure she would use the innards as part of it. I've tried searching multiple places and cannot find a recipe that resembles it. Does anyone have something like this?

Thank you so much. And again, I'm sorry for not posting in the megathread



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment