Monday, November 30, 2015

Dill pickles?

Okay, so. I am an American who lives in southern Norway, and I am currently pregnant. I am craving dill pickles with a fiery passion, but unfortunately, Scandinavian pickles are all super sweet and gross. I can't stand them.

Since Norway makes it difficult to import anything, especially something as unwieldy as a jar of pickles, I'm going to have to make my own if I want some at this point, which I've never done and could use some help with.

Some caveats. I am not going to have very much patience, I need these cucumbers to be sour, and I can only get English cucumbers here. I've never seen any other varieties of cucumbers.

Does anyone have any tips or recipes? What would be the best way to handle the English cucumbers, in spears or chips? I remember enjoying brands like Vlasic and Claussen when I was still in the states, stuff that was garlicky and crisp.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment