Monday, January 30, 2017

My Grandmothers Hamburger Soup

This is my favorite meal, my Grandmothers Hamburger Soup. My Grandmother used to make this all the time for my mother as a child, then my mom would make it for us, and now I've started to make it. It's sort of like a stew and a chilli had a baby. It's great for cold winter dinners. Eat it with some delicious bread, dip it in. I hope someones tries it and loves it as much as me. I've made it for friends before, and they've told me I could sell it in a restaurant! (i don't know if it's that good)

Hamburger Soup

1 1/2lbs Hamburger

1 28oz diced tomatoes

2 cup water

3 cans consume (beef broth)

1 can tomato soup

4 carrots chopped

3 cellery chopped

1 bay leaf

1/2 tsp thyme

8 table spoons barley

1 med onion chopped

optional: Hot sauce to taste.

Instructions:

cook ground beef and onions

combine with everything else

bring to a boil

reduce heat, simmer 2 hrs

stirring often

eat



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment