Friday, April 22, 2016

My recipe for fast easy homemade enchilada sauce and why I'm never buying the canned junk again.

So, my mother is going through menopause or something and started crying because we didn't have enchilada sauce for the enchiladas. Solution: make it!

It's fantastic, healthier, and 10x more flavorful and you can easily add more or less ingredients depending on what you have on hand, but here's what I do:

1 can fire roasted tomatos

2 ts white vinegar

1 clove garlic

1/2 ts salt, or less

1ts ancho chili powder, or a different kind, or more if you want more spicy-1 ts is pretty mild once it gets mixed in with the chicken and everything.

1ts sugar

1/2 ts onion powder or a few tablespoons fresh diced onion

1/2 ts oregano

Easy part:

Take all of that and just throw it in a blender for 30 seconds more or less if you want chunky. I used a magic bullet. And use as you would regular sauce!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment