Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Weird question about chilli

So I really want to make chilli tonight because my mom and I bought all the ingredients, but the one crucial thing we're missing is tomato sauce. I have two options and one of them sounds kind of weird.

I have a can of Manwich sauce (for Sloppy Joes) but I have a feeling that it would be a really weird flavour added to my chilli.

My other option is forgoing the tomato sauce. I have canned, strained tomatoes that I'll use, but I don't want it to get too dry. I don't have tomato paste either.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations to keep it from getting too dry? Thank you!

EDIT: Some great responses here guys. Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately we're not beer drinkers, otherwise I would definitely add a bottle/can/whatever to my chilli, as it sounds pretty intriguing.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment