Sunday, November 20, 2016

First time cooking the turkey for Thanksgiving, need help please!!

Most of my life my Dad was always the one who took care of Mr. Turkey on Thanksgiving. Sadly he got sick & passed away in 2010. Since then, I've either gone to a friend or family member's house, or Mom, sister, & I have just done a basic turkey breast in the crockpot.

I am now married, we just bought a house, will be having both our families here for the holiday, & will be cooking a whole turkey. (Managed to score a nice 23.53lb one. Yasss!) My issue is, I am not the best at cooking & have absolutely NO idea what to do with the turkey as far as seasoning or whatever. I want to obviously do something other than just sticking it in the oven plain. Can anyone recommend any good seasoning blends or ways to add flavor to the turkey that is fairly easy & beginner-friendly????? Do I need to be putting any liquid in the bottom of the pan??

We had a friend suggest brining, but I don't know if I'll have it thawed in time. Don't you still have to season it before cooking though???

I am not joking when I say I have no clue what I am doing. Hahahaha



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment