Friday, November 18, 2016

Turkey day assistance.... any hope for a family with the "juicy vs. dry" battle?

So, it's actually a big problem in my house. I like dry well-done breasts, my husband likes the dark meat to be juicy. We have even made 2 different turkeys on some years so we were both satisfied. This year we just got one 20 pounder that's currently thawing in the fridge.

Husbands solution is to cook the turkey and then when he thinks his dark portions are done he's going to rip off my turkey breast and continue cooking them.

He's tried this before. He's butchered my portions of the meat and I don't like how they come out. I'm not allowing this.

Are there any other less mangling ways to solve this? If I had another oven I would be buying another turkey, but we really don't need 30+ pounds of turkey for 3 people.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment