Thursday, February 16, 2017

Suggestions Welcome; Newbie Cook Tweaking Queso Recipe

I love queso. One time a friend was over and they cooked up queso. It looked so easy to make and it tasted amazing. He is originally from Texas, so that probably helps.

Anyways, I tweaked his recipe. I love it but I am curious if people on here have suggestions to make it even better.

I am not much of a cook, so the more simple, the better.

Here is what I came up with. I chop up everything, put in a crock pot, cook on low for about 2 hours or whenever it is ready, stirring every 30 minutes. It tastes amazing hot or cold and makes a decent amount. It also has so much flavor!

1 cup milk (some people suggest trying evaporated so might try next time) 1 onion (friend used only 1/4 onion) 3 roma tomatoes (I might use more than the average person likes) 1/2 bunch of cilantro (obviously people usually love or hate cilantro so omit if you prefer) 2 lbs Velveeta (I understand Velveeta is not available in most countries and other cheese are probably more healthy) peppers; 3 Serrano, 3 Jalapeno, 1 Habenero (add a second Habenero is you want extra spicy)

Feel free to try this recipe and I look forward to your suggestions...



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment