Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Cooking with Shallots

Hey everyone,

So a recipe that I recently tried out has left me with some leftover shallots (I over-shopped) and it got me thinking about what I could do with them, so as to not let them go to waste. Does anybody have any suggestions on just some small cooking ideas that would really be improved with some shallots in the mix?
And on a similar note, Does anyone have a really solid explanation about the cooking difference, functionally, between using shallots versus onions? They always seemed fairly similar to me, and I'm just not sure I i can essentially use them as a 'fancier' substitute for something where I would otherwise use onions.

I know this is a fairly minor question, but would love some insight.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment