Monday, October 29, 2018

Looking for good gluten-free biscuit (not cookie) recipes - PLEASE HELP

My poor wife is full Celiac and I am struggling to find a good gluten-free biscuit recipe.

The pre-made mixes I have purchased (i.e., GF Bisquick and King Arthur GF baking mix) do not really work well. The texture of these flour mixes do not make for a good biscuit (at all). I also tried the "savory biscuit" recipe on the King Arthur box, but it was dry AF with a horrible mouth feel; totally gross. All the flour mixes I have tried are also unacceptable. I have even tried to alter types/mixes of fat(s) used to change texture and taste, but everything falls short.

By "good biscuit," I suppose, I mean matching or exceeding the texture and/or taste of a a traditional "dry" biscuit for serving with gravy, stews, chili, etc., I can make using traditional Bisquick or even GP flour+butter. I typically serve biscuits with honey, honey-butter, or gravy.

Someone out there has to have something I can work with that is better than what I am doing. Any ideas? It's ok to link me recipes, but PLEASE ensure you have verified or tried them first. There are more than a few recipes that I have tried and failed to produce something decent. I can run my own GOOGLE searches, but nothing I find is working here...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment