Friday, October 26, 2018

Recipes from other cuisines that will open my taste-buds?

So, my favourite cuisine is Indian- I simply just cannot get into traditional Italian, Japanese, etc. cuisines- my best-friends Italian parents love to take me to traditional Italian restaurants, which are always filled with actual Italians... I always force myself to eat the food because... it tastes so bland... but I don't want to hurt their feelings so I lie and say the food is delicious. When my friends want to get Japanese hotpot or sushi, I don't look forward to it, because I just don't like the flavours, and I think it tastes bland and sometimes sweet. Same with French food. Nothing blew my mind or anything...

Overall, the only calories I find worth 'spending' are on Indian food. These other cuisines I mentioned taste OK but nothing really impressed me- everything just seems like large chunks of meat or blood or cheese deep-fried... I don't like meat or cheese that much...

This is fine and all but I really want to open my mind to other cuisines... I do enjoy Malaysian, American, and Thai food, though, if that gives you guys an idea of what kinds of things I like. Please share good recipes from different cuisines :)



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment