Sunday, October 28, 2018

Sticky Rice

From a coworker, I've had a delicate/sweet rice dessert. It was gelled or stuck together but not blended to look homogenous like a rice brick. It looked like it was pressed into a foil pan, but 3/4 inch thick so quite uniform but you could see the rice grains. It was jelly like but much softer then a gummy bear. Slightly sweet.

I assume it was from a Chinese maker, but the guy is no longer with us. I've had sticky rice since but it seems quite starchy and gummy. The one I sampled had a texture closer to tofu on the firm side.

Any clue as to how to make it? Most pastry shops in my metro Chinatown seem to be a western traditional dessert with an Asian flare...like taro cheesecake or maca or green tea macaroons, etc.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment