Friday, October 26, 2018

Rules for adding fruit to scones??

So I really wanna make some apple and cinnamon scones (taken a real thing for that flavour combo recently). I have a really good plain scone recipe from my wife's mum that I have made before and just added different types of chocolate etc too. My question is, simply, can I just add in some chopped up apple and a bit of cinnamon to the dough and bake as normal? Or should I add a bit more flour, as I'm assuming the apple will add moisture to the dough? If so, how much? Or will the cinnamon even that out itself? Don't have the time (or money tbh) to mess around with it and see what works so thought I'd give it a shot here. (Also thinking of mixing some cinnamon with some sugar and sprinkling over the top of the egg washed scones before they go in the oven for a crispy topping, thoughts?)

Also, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this or if I've done something wrong somewhere, pretty new to this site.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment