Monday, April 4, 2016

Pot Roast

Pot roast is one of the easiest meals to prepare. However, I used to be incredibly intimidated by the idea of cooking a roast. For a long time I didn't know what cut of meat to buy or exactly how long I needed to let it cook.

After some experimentation, I am no longer in the dark about what roast to buy or how long it needs to cook. Of course, I'm still a rather impatient person, so the idea of a roast will be forever daunting. However, if I find something to keep my mind off the the abundance of juicy, tender meat that is filling my kitchen with it's unmistakable aroma, then the process of waiting isn't quite as torturous.

Now, the roast I made and the recipe I am going to share with you could feed a small army. Therefore, you should feel free to cut the recipe in half, especially if your crock pot has a capacity under 7 quarts.

The full recipe and my brown gravy recipe can be found here: http://ift.tt/1V4Mnhb

Ingredients:

  • 3.5-4 lbs beef chuck shoulder roast
  • 3-5 russet potatoes (quartered)
  • 2-3 cups baby carrots
  • 1 medium onion (sliced)
  • 32 oz of beef broth
  • 2 tbs worschestershire sauce
  • 1 tbs minced garlic or garlic powder
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • dried parsley flakes or fresh parsley

Directions

  1. To begin, rub or sprinkle salt and pepper onto your raw meat on both sides.

  2. Place the roast in a skillet and sear the meat until it is browned on the front, back, and on the sides.

  3. Once the meat is browned, place it in a slow cooker with a minimal capacity of 7 quarts.

  4. Add the remaining ingredients, set the temperature on low, and cook for about 5 hours. After 5 hours, turn the heat up to high and cook for another 30 minutes to an hour, or until the meat and all the veggies are tender.

When the roast is finished, turn the heat on low or turn it off. If you want gravy with your meal, then follow go to my website: http://ift.tt/1V4Mnhb



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment