Monday, April 4, 2016

[Request] Real Belgian Waffles (With a twist)

Hello fello cooks. American here...When I was in Brussels last year, I had a few different kinds of waffles - Obviously they're nothing like the ones you have here in the states. (Well, I got some waffles at a gas station - Those were crappy enough to be comparable)

The hands-down best waffle I had, though, was at the Brussels airport of all places. From my reading it sounds like I had a Liege waffle, but there was something else in the way of spices and I can't find a recipe that has it. I think it had clove and brown sugar, maybe something else. It seemed closer in flavor to a stroopwafel but not quite the same. It was also very dough-y. Does anyone know what kind of waffle this is or have a recipe?



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment