Monday, May 22, 2017

[Request] Pad Thai Recipe Ingredients

I am looking for a good pad thai recipe. I have searched the Internet and I have even searched this sub in hopes of finding one but I have some concerns.

It seems like tamarind is included or excluded on many of the recipes I have found. There were several posts in this sub that suggest it is not pad thai without this ingredient. On top of that, the reviews I have seen for some of the tamarind paste on Amazon kind of scare me off. I live in a city where the supermarkets do not have a great selection of Asian ingredients and I have gone to at least a dozen supermarkets to search for tamarind with no luck.

For those well versed with this dish, are there any brands of tamarind that you would recommend for such a dish?

Also, what other ingredients are staples of true pad thai? The constants I see are noodles, fish sauce, and peanuts but after that there seems to be some huge variations.

Would anybody like to give me some recommendations along with some recipes?

Thanks!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment