Tuesday, June 28, 2016

What comfort foods (besides cookies) mail well?

About 6 months ago, I moved from California to Texas. My long-term SO stayed behind to finish her degree. I've tried to mail home cookies, brownies in mini-muffin cups, and other baked treats home every few weeks, as well as sending care packages to other friends and relatives. But I've gotten a bit bored of making cookies, and I'm wondering what other comfort foods or sweets mail well.

Constraints:

  • I have a fairly basic kitchen and limited budget. Oven, microwave, stove, toaster oven. I also live in a small town so exotic ingredients may not be available.

  • Foods have to last at least 2 days in the mail to their destination, and possibly longer, because I do a lot of cooking and shipping on the weekends. They have to fit in a small box that may get rough handling.

  • Peppers of any kind are right out - my SO finds them very unpleasant.

  • She likes peanut butter and lemon sweets, but a wide variety of flavors can be tried.

What are your favorite recipes to send to far-away stomachs?



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment