Thursday, August 27, 2015

Need help... Want to impress a girl

Gentlemen, I've been dating a girl a couple months now and this weekend she is coming back to my place for me to cook for her. I consider myself to be a good cook, having briefly worked in a kitchen, but menu planning has never been a strong suit for me, so here I am, asking for advice. She likes to eat mostly healthy with occasional splurges, but she has a huge weakness for cheese of any type. Here is my thoughts so far, but I don't have a main course idea yet:

Soup: truffle potato soup with a sprinkle of shaved cheddar, chives, and bacon for garnish (she doesn't like Swiss cheese so I am staying away from French Onion and Swiss Gruyere)

Salad: beet, goat cheese, roasted hazelnut and haricot vert salad served over mixed greens dressed in champagne vinnaigrette

Appetizer: mini grilled cheese sandwiches? Looking for more specifics here to make it more snazzy

Main course: ???

Dessert: cheesecake

Thoughts? Suggestions?



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment