Thursday, August 27, 2015

Recipe for Dee Snider Burger (PB&J and sriracha)?

Hi everyone, I really love the Dee Snider burger from Grill Em All in LA... but want to replicate the recipe at home. It includes crunchy peanut butter, grape jelly, bacon, pepperjack cheese, and sriracha. Here is a link.

Can someone help me come up with a recipe? I'm a beginner at cooking so judging by tasting is a no go for me ><

I am assuming you cook the burgers, bacon, buns, with the cheese on top. But the problem I'm confused about is the sauce. Their sauce is a perfect blend of salty, sweet, and spicy.... I have strawberry jelly instead of grape jam, but I'm sure it would still work? I also have habenaro jack cheese instead of pepperjack, which is a tad spicier.

Question:

1) How do I make the sauce? Would I boil the peanut butter with the jelly and sriracha, and then spread it on the burger? Or just slather it on separately? Or boil the PB&J.. then make a sriracha mayo sauce?

2) Their PB&J seems kinda melty on the burger and not as thick as plain PB&J.. so I think maybe they melt it down or something? Or maybe the heat of the burger does that..

3) Any recommendations for the proportions of ingredients? I need the most help with this question.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment