Monday, August 29, 2016

Homemade Easy Laundry Detergent

from: http://ift.tt/2cn4MHR

If you haven’t been making your own laundry detergent, now is the perfect time to start! I was a bit hesitant at first, but it is one of the easiest things to make and it has to be better for you than the chemical filled stuff at the grocery store!

I found it easiest to get all the supplies needed from Amazon, especially after going to several grocery stores that did not carry Castille soap or super washing soda.

SUPPLIES:

  • 2 gallon bucket
  • 2 gallons water
  • 1/2 cup Super Washing Soda
  • 1/2 cup Baking Soda
  • 3/4 cup castile soap
  • 30 drops of your favorite essential oils (I used lavender)
  • Large wooden/plastic spoon to stir
  • glass or plastic containers for storage (or a washed out previous laundry container)

DIRECTIONS:

1) Poor the ½ cup of the Super Washing Soda into your bucket. (I use this as my sole detergent making bucket, and store my supplies in it. Then when I need to make more, it’s all together and I’m ready to go!) 2) Add hot tap water to just cover the washing soda and stir until dissolved 3) Measure out and pour 1/2 cup of Baking Soda into the bucket and stir until dissolved 4) Fill up your bucket all the way to the top with hot tap water, only leaving about 1/2 inch of room on top. Make sure you do this BEFORE adding in your castile soap, or you’ll have a bubbly mess! 5) Measure and pour into the bucket 3/4 cup of castile soap. 6) Pour in 30 drops of your favorite essential oils! I used all lavender and it smells really good 7) Carefully stir everything together until well mixed. 8) Pour the detergent into jars or bottles. I used a soup ladle to transfer into my big jars, but if your bottle is thinner you can use a funnel.

TO USE:

Pour 1/3 cup of the detergent in with your dirty clothes and wash as normal. Contents might settle to bottom or clump, but just give the bottle a good shake/stir before you use it every time and it’ll be fine.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment