Sunday, April 23, 2017

On A Soup Kick Lately Due To Illness, But Running Out Of Recipes And Getting Bored. What Is Your Favourite? What Should I Try With What I Have On Hand?

Hello!

I got very sick a few weeks ago and was not able to keep any food down until about halfway through this week. Soup has been what I've been eating, with me cooking most of it but keeping a few cans of stuff like Progresso on hand for when I want to mix it up.

I do not have a lot of money, so I would like to take advantage of more inexpensive/seasonal produce and canned products. I have canned veggies (pretty much every type), a lot of orzo and other pastas, dried cranberry and pinto beans, rice, chicken* and beef bouillon, 7 lbs of fresh carrots*, onions, garlic, lean ground beef, and a pretty decent spice rack. I also have a blender, although I have never used this for soup, so tips on how to use it would be appreciated!

*I'd really like extra help with these ingredients because I have so much of them. Thank you all!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment