Sunday, April 30, 2017

Request: French herby sauce

Hi, Usually when you go to a typical French restaurant you get served a side dish of veggies (peas, carrots, green beans etc) and they are usually served in an awesome buttery/creamy herby sauce. I've tried to find the name of this in order to Google a recipe but I'm struggling to find recipes which look plausible. It's been so prevalent across the restaurants I've eaten at that I'm sure it must be a well known / classic standard recipe that I'm hoping I can find and easily replicate.

The sauce always is kind of creamy/buttery and is just substantial enough that it coats the veggies nicely.

The flavour is herby, but no one herb flavour jumps out at you, it's more of a blend. Maybe a touch of garlic too.

Would love to figure this out.

Cheers!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment