Thursday, March 23, 2017

[request] sponge cake without gluten and dairy

I would really appreciate your help. At a recent potluck I made a cake called Malva pudding. A sponge cake soaked in toffee sauce. Everyone enjoyed it and the one person who has allergies and could not eat it felt like they really missed out so I offered to try make a version they could enjoy. I had hoped it would be as simple as switching wheat flour for rice flour and using almond milk and oil instead of milk and butter. Wrong! The rice flour does not give a spongey consistency and the oil did not work well either. It's possible that it might work with different proportions but I can't make it tastey. I'm sure this sponge cake has been made before. Does anybody have any ideas of how to make the appropriate substitutions or a sponge cake recipe I could crib off them. I would hate to let this poor person down



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment