Sunday, September 27, 2015

[Request] Thanksgiving sweet potato recipes

I'm hosting (Canadian) Thanksgiving dinner this year, and am looking for some good sweet potato recipes that aren't sweet casseroles topped with marshmallows. I was going to do mashed sweet potatoes in lieu of regular mashed potatoes, but apparently mashed potatoes and gravy are non-negotiable - so I need something else.

Roasted might work, if I can come up with an interesting spice or herb combination on them.

For context, the rest of the meal is still in the planning stages, but I'm thinking turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts (probably sauteed with bacon, and maybe walnuts), carrots (maybe roasted), and the sweet potato dish. Maybe a cauliflower or beet dish (mmm beets), if I decide that I need an extra vegetable.

Thanks!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment