Monday, September 28, 2015

Resources to learn Tamil (Sri Lankan) cuisine

My SO's family is from Sri Lanka and I am in love with their cuisine. I've asked his mother for some of her recipes, but she doesn't have any (everything is memorized/made off hand). I've tried experimenting with the information I've gotten from her (essentially just a list of ingredients, no quantities or steps), but my results are not great and I'd like to find some written resources.

I've tried doing some research online, but most of the recipes I come across seem to be Sinhalese which is not what I'm looking for. Tamil cuisine has its own profile of spices (similar to south Indian cuisine, but distinct).

If anyone has recommendations, or would be willing to post recipes I'd be super grateful!

Note: I'm vegetarian, so meat based recipes aren't optimal.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment