Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Duck recipes

I helped my neighbor slaughter some birds today and got a couple of chickens and a duck. The chicken went in the freezer but I want to cook the duck tomorrow. Do you have any fun recipes with duck? Whole or in pieces doesn't matter but I am pretty poor so no fancy red wine sauces or exotic fruits.

I live in rural Sweden and have mostly access to cabbages, potatoes, root vegetables, onions, Jerusalem artichokes etc. I have some dried porcini mushrooms somewhere, do you think that will work? I also have a metric crapton of blueberries in the freezer and a lot of lingonberry jam, I think the acidity of the jam might work with duck? I live far from a good store and have to make do what I or my neighbors have grown or what I find in the forest, when I'm low on cash.

I only have a wood stove so any recipe that calls for constant temperatures over a long time can be a bit problematic to do.

Thanks in advance!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment