Saturday, October 29, 2016

Mushroom, Bacon, & Cream Cheese Sandwich -- just because.

I have no idea where I picked this one up -- it's not one of my mother's, I know -- but I've been fixing it every couple months for many years now. Last night was one of those occasions, because I didn't feel like making anything complicated. Scrumptious.

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons grated onion
  • 6 medium fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons cream cheese (at room temperature)
  • 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
  • Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 Kaiser or French roll, halved and toasted
  • 3 strips bacon, cooked crisp
  • 2 slices fresh tomato

Heat butter in a skillet and sauté onion about 5 minutes, stirring continually. Add mushrooms and cook over medium heat another 5 minutes, stirring often. Transfer mushrooms and onions to a plate to cool.

Beat cream cheese until fluffy. (The cream cheese, not you.) Add cooled mushrooms and onions, parsley, salt, and pepper, and mix well.

Spread on bottom half of toasted roll and top with bacon and tomato slices. Add the top of the roll and enjoy.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment