Saturday, October 29, 2016

Why does every 'asian' dish I see have the same five ingredients? Is there any blogs/books that have traditional recipes, or is that really considered traditional?

Most recipes' main ingredients I always see: soy sauce, sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, oyster/fish sauce.

They taste good together, but I swear every 'asian' recipe I get from the internet taste the same. I went out to my local asian market yesterday and picked up soba, rice, and fresh Korean noodles, but I really want to use them in traditional recipes that'll taste differently from the 'american-style' asian dishes.

I know 'asian' is such a board term, but I'm not sure what region I want to try first, so any suggestions are good. I don't mind ordering ingredients/spices online.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment